Chiffon sponge biscuit
All the ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Whip the eggs, and gradually add sugar. You should get a lush thick mass that will hold its shape well.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil. After adding the liquid ingredients, don't whip the mass, just mix! Either with a silicone spatula, or at the lowest mixer speed. ⠀
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Sift and add to the main mass; whip the mass at a low speed. Don't whip the mass for too long, to save the airness!
- The dough will turn out quite liquid. Divide it into two equal parts, and bake in two 16cm (6.30 inch) molds, in the oven preheated to 320F (160C) for 35-40 minutes. Check the readiness with a wooden skewer.
- After baking, let the sponge biscuit cool a little. Take it out of the mold, and wrap with cling film. Put the sponge in the fridge for 6-8 hours.
- After the time has passed, each biscuit can be easily cut into cake layers.
- Bring the cream to the first signs of a boil, but don't boil.
- Pour the hot cream over chocolate, mix thoroughly or pierce the mass with a submersible blender until smooth.
- Tighten the bowl with cling film, and put it in the fridge for several hours to stabilize and cool.
- After that, whip the mass. It should increase in volume, become lighter and keep its shape well.
- Next, add the cream cheese, and whi[ the mass again until smooth.
* You can add a little powdered sugar to the cream if it seems not sweet enough to you.