Cherry mousse chocolate cake
A perfect combination of truffle honey cake layers and cherry sourness, with layers of creamy frosting, berry mousse & jam.
Explore full recipe
All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt the butter in a water bath.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs, honey, cocoa, and cream to the melted butter and stir until smooth.
- Continuously stirring, cook the mass for 3-5 minutes, add baking soda and cook until it becomes larger (it takes about 5 minutes).
- Remove the ready custard base from a water bath, and leave it at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Then in portions, add sifted flour, carefully stirring with a whisk. When the dough becomes too stiff for the whisk, sift some flour to the work surface, place the dough on it and gently add the flour with your hands. It is very important not to add too much flour! The dough should be soft and tender.
- Cover the dough with cling film and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 356F | 180C. Divide the dough into 10 pieces of about 150 g | 5 oz. Roll out each of them to 21-22 cm | 8.5 inches. After baking, trim the hot cake layers to 20 cm.
- Combine the sour cream, milk, eggs, egg yolk, sugar, and cornstarch in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Mix with a whisk until homogeneous and cook over a little less than medium heat, stirring for 15-17 minutes until it thickens.
- Pour the ready frosting into another container, cover it with cling film, cool, then leave in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Combine the cooled, stable cream with the cream cheese. To do this, place the cooled cream cheese in the mixer bowl and beat slightly on medium speed, then use a tablespoon to add the frosting until combined. You will get an airy frosting.