any jam to your taste
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Whip the whites with 100g (3.50 oz) of sugar until peaks, and separately whip the yolks with the remaining sugar until white.
- Pour the yolks into the whites in a thin stream. Mix slowly with a spatula.
- Add the flour there, and mix with a spatula.
- Bake the sponge in one mold (22cm | 8.66 inch) for 1 hour at 302F (150C), or in 3 such molds at once at 302F (150C) for 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream.
- Add the mascarpone, sugar and vanillin, and whip until smooth.
- In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the syrup.
- Follow such an assembling order: cake layer - soaking - berry jam - cream, etc.
- Decorated the cake with cranberries and rosemary in sugar. To make the sugar stick better, moisten the berries and rosemary a little bit with water.