milk for soaking
- Beat the eggs with sugar and salt until fluffy and bright.
- Separately, mix the sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Gently fold flour mixture into the beaten eggs.
- At the end, pour in hot milk and vegetable oil, mix gently.
- Pour the dough into a 17-18cm (6.70-7.10 inch) mold.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 20-30 minutes.
- Let the sponge cake cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar and semolina.
- Bring to a boil, then add coconut flakes and butter. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
* If the mass comes out very liquid, boil it a little for density.
- Assemble the cake in a ring.
- Cut off the crust of the sponge cake and cut it into 2 equal cake layers.
- Soak the first cake layer with milk.
- Spread the filling evenly, cover with a second cake layer.
- Soak and put in the fridge for an hour.
- Pour the chocolate broken into pieces with hot milk, mix thoroughly.
- Add the vegetable oil.
- Pour the icing over the cake.
Let the cake stand in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or better leave it overnight).