I baked my tea cake in a 22cm (8.66 inch) mold with a hole in the middle. The height of the mold was 9cm (3.55 inch).
- Whip the sugar and butter at a high mixer speed for about 5 minutes. The mixture will not be homogeneous, but it will have lumps, and that's ok.
- Add mascarpone, and whip until smooth.
- Add the eggs, and whip again.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour with baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, and mix well with a mixer.
- Grease the mold with butter, and sprinkle it with flour. Fill the mold with the dough.
- Bake the tea cake at 338F (170C) for about an hour. The skewer should come out of the cake dry.
- Cool the finished cake, and decorate it with berries if desired.