The calculation in the recipe is for two small 12cm (4.72 inch) honey cakes.
Honey cake layers
- Boil all the ingredients, except flour, in a water bath. Important - immediately stir the mixture well, otherwise the eggs will cook separately.
- As the mixture in a water bath has become homogeneous, add the flour. Knead the steep dough, and caramelize it a little on the heat.
- Divide the mass into 2 equal parts of 500g (17.60 oz) each. Put one part on a silicone mat dusted with flour, and roll it out along the entire length of the mat.
- Bake the pastry in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 6 minutes. Take it out, and immediately cut out the circles of the desired diameter.
- Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
- Let the cake layers cool down.
- Whip all the ingredients together.
- Pipe the cream on the cake layers, using a pastry bag.