Brewed Easter dessert with labneh cheese
This recipe is pretty unusual, as traditional Easter cheese cakes are 100% cold-cooked. And this one is brewed. Try it, and you will be surprised!
Explore full recipe
- Soak the gelatin in cold water, and leave to swell.
- Soak the prunes and dried apricots, dry, and chop finely.
- Make the custard base: pour the milk into a saucepan, put it on the heat, and bring to a boil. While the milk is heating, grind the yolks with sugar. Pour the hot milk to the yolks, and mix. Return to the heat again, and cook up to 180F (82C), stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, and dissolve the gelatin.
- Add the Labneh cheese, and mix.
- Divide the finished mass into 2 parts. Add the dried apricots to one, and cocoa with prunes to the second. Mix well.
- Prepare a mold, lay it with wet gauze.
- Lay out the cheese mass, alternating both types.
- Leave the finished Easter cheese cake to stabilize at room temperature for an hour, then put it in the fridge overnight.
- Carefully remove the dessert from the mold by pulling on the edges of the gauze, and transfer to a dish or a substrate.
- Decorate to your liking.