butter at room temperature
- In a saucepan, combine the cocoa, water, sugar and baking soda - mix until smooth. Put on the heat, and bring to the first signs of a boil (stirring). Remove from the heat, and leave to cool.
- Warm the milk to 86F (30C), combine it with sugar, flour and yeast, and mix until smooth. Cover with foil, and put in a warm place for 25-30 minutes (I use the oven preheated to the minimum temperature).
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Add the butter and yolks to the cooled cocoa mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Combine the finished mixture with the dough and flour, and knead until smooth; cover with a towel, and put in a warm place for 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen, beat the egg whites, add it to the dough, and mix well. Add the chocolate drops, knead the dough until smooth, and transfer it to the mold.
- Leave the dough for the last proofing for 30 minutes. Bake the Easter cake in the oven preheated to 356F (180)C for 30-35 minutes. Check the readiness with a wooden skewer.
- Remove the finished cake from the mold after complete cooling.
- To decorate, melt the milk chocolate in a water bath, and pour it over the Easter cake.