- Prepare the dried fruits a couple of days before cooking: cut and pour with rum. Cover with foil. Stir several times throughout the day. *I have cherries, cranberries, dried apricots, prunes, orange, kiwi and raisins.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour to dried fruits and mix so that they are completely covered with flour.
- Beat soft butter with sugar and vanilla sugar. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the flour, almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon and zest. Mix. Add dried fruits and chopped nuts. Mix again.
- Cover the bottom of a baking tin with parchment (18-20cm or rectangular for a cake), grease with butter, sprinkle with flour.
- Lay out the dough so that all the dried fruits are into the dough, covered with it completely. Make an indentation in the center (so that the cake does not puff up too much in the middle).
- Bake the cake in the oven preheated to 320F (160C) for 1.5-2 hours. *Cooking time depends on the size of the baking tin. I baked it in a 16cm tin and in two small ones. Small cakes were baked in an hour, and a large one in an hour and a half.
- Check the readiness with a skewer.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack. Using a skewer, pierce the surface of the cake and soak with rum (30-50ml).
- Wrap in 2 layers of paper and foil and put in a cool place for 2-3 weeks.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.