- Grind shortbread cookies to a state of flour.
- Melt the butter.
- Connect, mix and tamp into a detachable mold (bottom and sides) with a glass.
- Put it in the fridge to stabilize.
- Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat again.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks. Then add lemon juice and vanilla extract to it, and beat again. *Let me remind you that you can not whip, but just mix with a whisk or spatula at each stage, but then you won’t get an airy texture.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheese mass so as not to disturb the airiness.
- Distribute the resulting cheese mass over the cooled cookie base. Shake the mold a little so that there are no voids inside.
- Bake the cheesecake in the oven preheated to 392F (200C) for 10 minutes, placing a baking sheet with hot water at the bottom.
- Then reduce the temperature to 230F (110C) and bake the cheesecake for another hour.
- Leave the baked cheesecake in the oven with a door ajar for a couple of hours. It schold cool down there. After that, take it out of te oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Finally, let the cheesecake stabilize in the fridge for 5-6 hours.
- Decorate with store-bought salted caramel and pecan nuts.