- Quickly mix the finely chopped cold butter with flour, zest and salt; add the egg, and mix quickly again, not letting the butter melt.
- Wrap the dough in cling film, and chill it for 30 minutes.
- Roll it out with a not too thin layer, put it in a mold, pierce with a fork so that it does not rise. Cover with paper, and pour a weight on it - beans, anything.
- Bake the dough for 12 minutes at 392F (200C) with a load and 12 minutes without a load.
Important! take your time and let everything cool down.
- Pour the starch, sugar, vanillin, grated ginger and lemon zest into a saucepan, add water and lemon juice.
- Stir with a whisk, put over the heat, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat.
- Whip the yolks separately (place the whites in the fridge), add a couple of spoons of cream to it, and mix quickly.
- Pour the yolks into a saucepan, add the butter, and mix until dissolved. Cover the curd with a film so that a crust does not form.
Whip the cold egg whites in a dry clean container. When it doubles in size, add sugar.
- Put the curd iver the pastry, and the meringue on top.
- Brown it with a burner or in the oven at 392F (200C) for a couple of minutes (do not overdo it!).
- Make sure to cool the cake before serving, otherwise the filling will leak out!
- Sprinkle the finished dessert with lemon zest on top, and serve with chamomile tea!