We can recommend this summer cake, if you want to please the loved ones. It’s airy like a raspberry cloud. The recipe is simple, and the result is amazing!
Almond sponge biscuit
- Whip the eggs with sugar.
- Grind the almonds not too finely.
- Add the flour, the almonds and the baking powder to the whipped eggs; stir with a spatula.
- Pour the dough into 2 molds (14-18 cm | 5.5 to 7 inch), and bake for about 40 minutes at 160C (320F).
- Cool the finished sponge biscuit in the ring molds. Wrap it in plastic while still warm, and chill it in the fridge.
- Cut off the tops, and divide each sponge biscuit into 3 layers; soak them.
Now, let’s move to the most interesting part! Before assembling, cut the raspberry filling into small cubes, and place it in the freezer for a while; then mix it into the finished cream mousse.
Combine the ingredients, and heat until the sugar dissolves; cool it.
- Combine the pectin and the sugar; soak the gelatin.
- Place the puree in a saucepan, and start heating. Heat the mass to 40-50C (104 to 122F), and add the pectin and sugar, stirring actively.
- Bring the filling to a boil, and simmer it for a couple of minutes. Remove the mass from the heat, and add the gelatin.
- Pour the filling into a square dish so that the layer is about 1 cm (0.4 inch). Let it harden in the fridge.
- Soak the gelatin.
- Combine the cheese and the sugar in a mixer bowl; whisk actively until smooth.
- Whip the cream until it starts to keep the shape.
- Heat the gelatin with the water for a few seconds in the microwave, and stir.
- Turn on the mixer with the cheese mass at a medium speed, and pour in the gelatin.
- Immediately add the cream, and whip it with a mixer until smooth.
Assemble the cake in a ring mold.
- Place the first sponge biscuit layer.
- Spread the crème with the raspberry jelly pieces.
- Place another sponge biscuit layer, and so on…
Let the cake stabilize for 5 to 6 hours.
Enjoy the amazing cake!