- Beat the eggs with sugar until fluffy. Pour milk and butter in a thin stream. Separately mix flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. In 3-4 stages, add dry ingredients to liquid ones, and mix.
- Take a 20cm ring, tighten the bottom with foil. Pour out the dough, smooth. Gently knock the ring on the table a couple of times.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 356F (180C), until a dry toothpick, for about an hour or a little longer. You need to focus on the oven.
- Cool the finished sponge cake on a wire rack, wrap in cling film, and put in the fridge. Then cut.
Grind powdered sugar and cream cheese using a spatula. Add the cream, and beat everything.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate dissolves.
- When the mass cools slightly, cover it with cling film and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Then beat with a blender to the desired consistency.
- Defrost cherries, add sugar, bring to a boil. Drain 60ml of liquid (add 1-2 tablespoons of rum to it, and use it later for soaking and).
- Combine starch and water, pour into cherries, mix and boil for 1-2 minutes. Cool it.
You better use a ring for assembling the cake.
- Lightly brush each cake layer with a cherry-rum soaking.
- Grease each cake layer lightly with cheese cream, forming a side. Fill the middle with cherry filling, and lightly grease with cream (literally 0.5 cm) on top.
- Cover the top layer with clingfilm, and refrigerate the cake for 4-6 hours.
- Remove from the ring, apply chocolate frosting, and decorate as desired.