4.12 fl oz
5.94 fl oz
9.24 fl oz
3.96 fl oz
0.99 fl oz
cream at least 33% milk fat
4.62 fl oz
0.92 fl oz
30% sour cream
13.20 fl oz
6.60 fl oz
4.62 fl oz
- Heat the butter with sugar, eggs, and honey using a water bath or low heat. Do not forget to stir all the time until sugar dissolves and it starts to boil. Throw in the baking soda and heat for another 3 minutes, mixing.
- Remove from the heat, add all the flour, and stir until smooth. The warm dough will be soft. If you need to add flour, it's better to do it when it cools.
- Wrap in clingfilm and leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Then divide the dough into 10 or 11 pieces, roll out each ball thinly and cut it into 16-cm-diameter shapes. Prick them with a fork and put them in the oven preheated to 356°F (180°C) for 5-7 minutes.
- Stack and cool.
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and boil until a caramel shade. Add cold butter, stir and pour in hot cream (in 3 stages, so as not to splash everything around).
- Cook, stirring, until 217°F (103°C, or for 5 minutes), remove from heat, add salt, beat with a blender, and allow it to cool.
- Beat the cold sour cream and cream with sugar using a mixer on high speed until fluffy.
- Spread frosting on each cake layer. Caramel is easier to put with a pastry bag − put it on every second layer.