- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a mixer bowl; add cold butter cubes, and grind into crumbs, using a Paddle attachment.
- Then pour in the water mixed with the yolks, and mix until the flour is moistened.
- Gather the dough into a ball, wrap with film, and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Grease a cake tin (18-20cm | 7.09-7.79 inch) with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Roll out half of the dough on a surface sprinkled with flour into a circle according to the size of the mold.
- Line the bottom of thecake tin, forming the sides and edges of the cake, and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After that, prick the dough with a fork, and bake the base at 356F (180C) until golden brown for about 15 minutes.
- Cool the baked base completely.
Mix the strawberries with sugar, starch and zest, and leave for 15 to extract juice.
- Roll out the dough for the pie crust from the second half of the dough.
- Put the filling on the baked base along with all the juice; cover with another layer of dough on top, pinch the edges, grease the surface of the pie with an egg.
- Make cuts so that steam can escape during baking, and sprinkle the pie with sugar.
- Bake at 356F (180C) for about 40 minutes until the crust gets golden brown, and the filling starts to gurgle.
- Let the pie cool completely for the filling to stabilize.