- Mix the cottage cheese, two types of sugar, egg and zest.
- Pour the orange juice over the baking soda, and add to the total mass.
- Add the flour and mix into a smooth dough. *The amount of flour depends on the moisture content of cottage cheese. You should get a very soft, almost non-sticky dough.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour. Lay out the dough, roll into a cylinder, and cut into small pieces. Roll each into a ball the size of a small walnut.
- Heat a small ladle with vegetable oil. Fry the balls in small batches until golden brown. *When frying, the balls should float and not touch the bottom.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when serving.
You can also cook stuffed balls. To do this, flatten each piece slightly, put chocolate cream, pitted cherries or thick jam in the middle. Pinch the edges to the center and roll into a ball.