Soak 150g (5.30 oz) raisins and 150 g (5.30 oz) of dried cranberries in 200ml (6.7 oz) of dark rum for 24 or at least 5 hours (regular rum, tea, orange juice will also work). You can add candied fruit, such as orange or lemon peel. Before cooking, strain off the excess rum.
- Whip the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy, add the egg, and whip; add cottage cheese and once again beat until smooth.
- Add the vanilla seeds, orange juice, zest, and combine. Add the flour and knead the dough.
- Finally, add raisins and dried cranberries, previously strained. Do not pour rum into the dough! If the dough is too sticky and difficult to work with, sprinkle some more flour.
- Shape the loaf by first making a circle and then folding it almost in half so that the bottom edge comes out from under the top.
- Turn on the oven to 347°F (175°C), top/bottom heating, no fan.
- Place the dough on a pan lined with baking paper and into the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Check the fruitcake for doneness with a skewer.
- When the fruitcake is almost ready, melt the butter. Immediately after baking, put the melted butter on the Stollen using a silicone brush.
- Cool at room temperature, covering the loaf with a tea towel. Sprinkle the cooled Stollen generously with powdered sugar.