For those who love gingerbread, we suggest a perfect dough recipe.
- 300 g sugar (finely ground) | 10.60 oz
- 200g butter 82.5% | 7.05 oz
- about 750 g flour | 26.45 oz
- 3 eggs | 3.00 items
- 1 tsp baking soda | 1.00 tsp
- honey 200 g | 7.05 oz
- cinnamon 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- ginger 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- other spices to taste (nutmeg, cloves, cardamom) | 0.00 to taste
- Bring the honey to a boil with spices; melt the butter in it. Separately whip the eggs with sugar. Let the syrup cool slightly, and then add it to the eggs mixture.
- Add the baking soda and the flour. The flour should be added gradually; 600 g (21.20 oz) first, then the rest, little by little; you may even have no need in all of it. It is necessary to achieve a plastic consistency of the dough, to the touch "as if there is a little bit of flour missing." Knead the dough, and refrigerate it for at least 6 hours (the more – the better).
- Roll out the dough on a floured table, 5mm (0.2 inch) thick. Bake the gingerbread on a teflon mat at 180C (356F) for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the ready-made gingerbread from the oven, and immediately put it under the press for 3 to 4 minutes. If you need the skewers, then you better insert them into the hot gingerbread. The dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Good luck everyone!