You will also need:
- food colorants (black, brown)
- a piece of polystyrene, covered with a film
- a brush
- vodka for dissolving the colorants
- Form the dough pieces into balls with one elongated end (egg shape). Note that the dough will grow during baking.
- Bake the "eggs". Insert a toothpick from the back. Be sure to cool the finished “eggs” completely. ⠀
- Prepare the glaze (whisk the egg white and the powdered sugar). The consistency should be slightly thicker than the icing.
- Use a toothpick to lower each "egg" into the glaze. Twist the toothpick, and shake it a little to stack the excess glaze.
- Pick a toothpick into the polystyrene. Let the “eggs” dry completely.
- Dilute the dyes in vodka. Use a brush to draw black spots on the “eggs”; dry. Spray some brown paint on top. Let the finished dessert dry completely.
NOTE: the splashes will fly in different directions, so you better apply them in a plastic bucket or over the sink.⠀