What is it and what is this gel for?
- It is used for glazing fruits and berries when decorating a cake (it can be done both completely and on a cut). Then the berries become a little brighter and do not wind.
- Neutral gel is also used to create a "leopard" effect on a mirror glaze.
- Or you can also fill raspberries with it. The picture shows how beautiful it looks.
- Mix the water with 1/2 sugar and all the glucose syrup, and heat to 140F (60C).
- Mix the pectin with the remaining half of the sugar; add to the syrup, stir until dissolved, and bring to a boil.
- Remove the mass from the heat, strain, and cover with cling film.
- Cool it completely.
- Store refrigerated.
The working temperature of the neutral gel is 113-122F (45-50C).
If you want to store the gel for longer than 2-3 days, then it is advisable to place it in an airtight container. When using it, do not put wet spoons into it.