We have a new recipe for you! It’s an unusual curd recipe.
You better get ready for this bright grapefruit taste!
Ingredients & tools
You will need:
- Gelatin 3 tsp | 3.00 tsp
- Cold water 3 tbsp | 3.00 tbsp
- Butter 150 g | 5.30 oz
- Sugar 390 g | 13.75 oz
- Eggs 8 pcs (4 whole eggs + 4 yolks) | 8.00 items
- Juice from 1-2 grapefruits (240 ml) | 8.10 fl oz
- Fresh lemon juice 2.5 tbsp | 3.00 tbsp
You will also need: bowls, a mixer, water bath, a whisk.
- Mix the sugar and the butter. Whisk until a fluffy white mass.
- Add the eggs and the yolks, and whisk for another minute.
- Add the juices to the mixture, and combine well.
- Pour the gelatin with water in a separate bowl.
- Start heating the egg-grapefruit mixture in a water bath. Actively stir it with a whisk, until the mixture becomes thick like semolina, and stops flowing from the spoon.
- Add the gelatin to the mass, and mix with a broom until it disperses. Stir the curd through a sieve to get rid of the lumps. You can also add some dye (orange and pink), if you wish.
- The ready curd has to settle in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
That’s it! A very citrus cake filling is ready!