Today we would like to share a very useful recipe for a ductile gumpaste. Try to make it!
For the gumpaste:
- 12 g instant gelatin | 0.40 oz
- 12 g CMC (Carboxy Methyl Cellulose) | 0.40 oz
- 35 g cold water | 1.25 oz
- 1-2 tsp cooking fat | 2.00 tsp
- 1 egg white | 1.00 item
- 50 g glucose | 1.75 oz
- 500 g powdered sugar | 17.65 oz
- a few drops of lemon juice | 0.00 to taste
- Soak the gelatin in water. When the gelatin swells, place it in a water bath, and stir until dissolved; then add the fat and the glucose, and mix well until smooth.
- Sift the powdered sugar in a mixer bowl; add the CMC, and make a dimple in this mix; pour the gelatinous mass, the egg white and a couple of the lemon juice drops.
- Whip the liquid part a little with a hand mixer, and then knead it in a mixer with a hook tool, until it forms a ball. The sugar paste should be fluffy, dense and viscous.
- Sneeze it with the cooking fat, and pack it in a tightly tied bag (so that there is no air inside).
Store the paste in the fridge or a freezer. Let the gumpaste warm up to the room temperature before use.
Isn’t this recipe simple?