Lavender cake with blueberry confiture
Purple lavender cake with blueberry jam will please you!
Explore full recipe
- Divide the eggs into yolks and whites. Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites, and whip at a low mixer speed until fluffy soft mass.
- Add half the sugar to the whites, increase the speed, and whip until stiff peaks. Pour the remaining half of the sugar into the yolks, and whip with a mixer until lighten and fluffy.
- Add lavender flowers and a food dye to the whipped yolks. Then add yoghurt to this mass and mix until smooth. When the whites are whipped to stiff peaks, combine both masses together and stir gently with a spatula.
- Gradually sift the flour with the baking powder into the whipped egg mass. Carefully stir with a spatula from bottom to top.
- Take a couple of tablespoons of the prepared dough and mix with vegetable oil, add the oiled dough part to the main dough and stir with a spatula. Divide the sponge dough into 2 parts and bake 2 cake layers in a mold with a diameter of 18 cm at 180 °C (355 °F) until a dry toothpick readiness.
- Let the sponge stand a little in a ring or in a mold, then carefully take it out of the mold and cool on a wire rack. Wrap the prepared cake layers in a plastic food wrap and let them rest for 3-4 hours in the fridge, you can leave them overnight.
- Put the berries in a saucepan, add sugar mixed with cornstarch. Stir until smooth, put the saucepan on the stove and bring to a boil, boil for 1-2 minutes. Cover the jam with a plastic food wrap and let cool.