To cook this healthy festive dessert, you will need:
- 150 g spinach (frozen or fresh) | 5.30 oz
- 30 g of olive oil (or any other vegetable oil) | 1.05 oz
- juice of half a lemon | 1.00 item
- zest of one lemon | 1.00 item
- 2 eggs | 2.00 items
- 80 g corn flour | 2.80 oz
- 50 g rice flour | 1.75 oz
- 30 - 50 g buttermilk | 1.75 oz
- vanillin | 0.00 to taste
- sweetener | 0.00 to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the custard:
- 250 g ricotta | 8.80 oz
- 200 g soft cottage cheese | 7.05 oz
You will also need:
metal rings (diameter 10/9/7/6 cm | 3.9/3.5/2.7/2.4 inch) or a regular silicone mold with a diameter of 22 cm (8.6 inch), so to cut the biscuit circles using a blank circle of paper of the appropriate diameter.
Pastry bag with “Star” and “Leaf” attachments.
For the biscuit cake layers:
- Combine the defrosted spinach (or fresh), the lemon zest, the lemon juice and the olive oil in a blender. Grind until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs with the sweetener until fluffy; combine it with the spinach mixture. Gradually add the flour and the baking powder. Combine the two mixtures, and whisk; add the vanillin.
- Transfer the cakes to a baking dish, and bake them in the oven at 180C (356F) for 20 minutes.
For the custard:
- Mix the cottage cheese and the ricotta cheese; add some sweetener. Stir the mix.
- Put 1/2 of the custard into a pastry bag with a "Star" attachment; add the green food coloring to the rest part, and place it in another bag.
- First, place the 10 cm cake (3.9 inch), and spread the white custard in the center from in a spiral.
- Then, place the 8 cm cake (3.5 inch), and the custard again.
- Place the 7 cm cake (2.7 inch), and cover it with the white custard as well.
- And finally, the 6 cm cake (2.4 inch) and the custard.
- It should turn out to be a kind of tower.
- Next, take a pastry bag with the green custard, and apply it to the gaps between the cakes, forming petals. Decorate the Christmas tree with confectionery sprinkles and some golden powder.
- Insert a caramel star or a gingerbread in the shape of a star on top of the Christmas tree.
Bon Appetit, and Happy Holidays!