Delicate cherry marshmallow cake
We would like to share a recipe for a cherry marshmallow cake.
Explore full recipe
- Defrost the cherries, and punch them with a blender; rub through a sieve. You should get 180 g (6.35 oz) of puree juice. Mix the sugar #3 with the pectin. Put the puree on the heats; as soon as a light steam appears, add the sugar with pectin. Boil the mix for 3 minutes, and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- After cooling, start whisking the puree at a medium speed for 3 minutes, gradually adding the sugar #1. As soon as you add all the sugar, turn on the mixer at the maximum speed, and whip for 5 more minutes.
- Pour the water, narsharab and agar into a saucepan. Measure out the sugar #2 and the glucose syrup. After 8 minutes of whipping the puree, add the egg whites, and whip at high speed. As soon as the egg whites are in, put the syrup to boil. As the agar water boils, add the sugar and the glucose syrup. Boil the syrup to 110C (230F). After that, cook the total mass for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the syrup into the puree. Whip for 2 minutes. Put the shortbread base in a ring, and install the acetate film. Pour the marshmallow into a ring with a diameter of 16 cm (6.3 inch), sandwiching the confit, marshmallow and the chocolate ganache. Leave the cake for 5 to 6 hours until complete stabilization.
- To decorate the cake, cook another portion of marshmallow, and place it around the cake, using any nozzle; put the rest of the confit in the center of the cake.
Defrost the cherries, and cut them in half. Place the cherries with the narsharab sauce in a saucepan, and place over a medium heat. Mix the sugar with pectin and agar. As soon as light steam appears, pour the dry ingredients. Boil the mix for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice at the end. Refrigerate the confit.