The cake is about 11cm (4.30 inch) high and 16cm (6.30 inch) in diameter.
- Grate the well chilled butter together with flour (I do it just on a grater or in a mixer with a spatula attachment).
- Mix the sour cream with yolks, salt and alcohol. Add the liquid to the flour mixture. Knead the dough quickly.
- Roll it out, dusting the table with flour. Fold the edges to the center, then close like a book.
- You will get 4 layers of dough.
- Put the dough with a fold under your right hand, and roll it away from you. Pack hermetically. Refrigerate for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Roll out 8 cake layers 18cm (7.09 inch) in diameter. * You should also get the 9th cake from the scraps, which we will use for sprinkling the finished cake.
- Refrigeratthe cake layers before baking. Prick with a fork, and bake at 374F (190C) for 12 minutes.
* The dough during baking will “run down” a little - about 2cm (0.80 inch) in diameter.
- Mix the mascarpone with powdered sugar, and whip until softened.
- Add the cream, and whip until combined (not long).
- Add the condensed milk. Whisk until smooth.
The cream will be soft but not runny (soft peaks).
- Place a spoonful of cream on the substrate - so that the cake does not slip.
- Put the cake, cream on it, etc.
- Grease the top cake layer with cream, too.
- Cover the cake with cling film, and place it in the fridge for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle the finished cake with pastry crumbs.