Have you ever cooked the nougat by yourself?
Don't be afraid! The nougat recipe is not as complicated as it might seem at first glance. And the result will not leave anyone indifferent! So, that’s the recipe for the delicious and soft homemade nougat. Please your loved ones!
- First, place the honey and the sugar in a ladle, and pour in 50 ml (1.75 fl oz) of water. Place the ladle on the heat, and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook it for about 10 minutes. The finished syrup must be checked with the “soft ball” method. To do this, put a little syrup in a cup of cold water - the drop should solidify, but remain soft. If you have a thermometer, then just wait for the syrup to reach the temperature of 140C (284F).
- While the syrup is boiling, whip the whites until hard peaks.
- Start pouring the finished syrup into the whipped egg whites in a thin stream. Don’t stop whipping! Keep whipping until thickened. THE MIXER BLADES SHOULD START STICKING IN THE MASS!
- Add the nuts to the egg whites mass and mix.
- Cover a shallow baking sheet with the parchment or a foil, and grease it well with any vegetable oil. Then spread the nougat on the parchment and smooth it.
- Place the nougat in the fridge and let it harden for 1 hour.
- Cut the frozen nougat into small pieces.
- Melt the chocolate, and dip the nougat in it (you better use two forks to do that). Spread the glazed nougat pieces on the parchment. Place them in the fridge for another hour, and enjoy!