Basic French meringue macarons
These ones can be stored in the freezer for UP TO A MONTH!
Explore full recipe
Cook the filling at least 5 hours in advance.
- Melt the chocolate a little.
- To make caramel, heat the sugar in a saucepan to an amber color, and pour hot cream into it. Mix, immediately remove from heat, cool to 176F (80C) and immediately pour over chocolate.
- Whip with a blender, add cold cream and whip again.
- Cover with film in contact, and put in the fridge for 5-6 hours (or more).
- Whip with a mixer until fluffy before use.
- Pipe the filling on the shells, and connect the macaron halves.
- Put in the fridge for 12 hours to soak.
Ready-made macarons can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.