The cake layers:
- 170 g sugar | 6.00 oz
- 2 eggs | 2.00 items
- 50 g butter | 1.75 oz
- 3 tbsp honey | 3.00 tbsp
- 1 carrot, finely grated | 1.00 item
- 2 tsp baking powder | 2.00 items
- 420 g flour | 4.80 oz
- 600 g sour cream (30%+) | 21.15 oz
- 40 g sugar | 1.40 oz
- 6 tbsp buckthorn jam | 6.00 tbsp
- Whip the eggs with sugar until fluffy. Melt the butter in a saucepan; add the honey, the whipped eggs and the finely grated carrots; stir everything. Remove the dough base from the heat, and add the sifted flour with the baking powder; knead the dough. If it is too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and cover them with the cling film. Roll each piece into a layer about 0.5 cm (0.2 inch) thick and cut out the circles with a diameter of 22 cm (8.6 inch). Bake each circle for about 7 to 9 minutes in the oven at 190C (374F). Let the biscuits cool.
- For the custard, mix the sour cream with the sugar and the sea buckthorn jam.
- Assemble a cake of five honey biscuit layers, smearing each of them with the custard. The last biscuit should be covered with the sour cream. Grind the sixth cake into crumbs and sprinkle them on the cake. Put the honey cake in the fridge overnight.