Honey sponge biscuit (18cm | 7.08 inch)
butter at room temperature
blueberries for the inner layer and decor
Honey sponge biscuit
- Whip the egg whites with half of the sugar and salt until peaks.⠀
- Whip the yolks with the remaining sugar until white and fluffy.
- Pour in the oil and honey, and whip.
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Add these ingredients to the yolk mass alternately 1/3 flour and whites, each time carefully and gently mixing with a spatula from the top to the bottom.
- Bake the sponge biscuit at 338F (170C) for 40-50 minutes; check the readiness with a dry skewer.
- Cool the biscuit, remove it from the ring, wrap in cling film, and refrigerate for several hours.
- Then cut it into 3 cake layers.
- Soak each cake layer with cold milk.
- Pour the cream, brown sugar, glucose syrup and butter into a ladle.
- Cook everything together over a medium heat until slight thickening.
- Cool the caramel. Don't refrigerate it before assembly!
- Boil the frozen cherries with sugar.
- Add the starch, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Cool the mass.
- Whip the butter with powdered sugar.
- Add the cream cheese in several passes, and whip.
Heat the cream, pour it over the chopped chocolate, and mix.