It's time to cook something easy. Today we are sharing a recipe for a perfect cake for the lazy sweet tooth. It's very easy to cook. The custard turns out to be very tasty, like an ice cream. In a word, an insanely delicious cake is obtained from a very simple set of products.
Two cake layers
- Sift the flour. Take the butter out of the fridge in advance so that it is soft. Combine the flour and the baking powder. Mix the butter, water and salt in a separate saucepan. Place it on the heat. Cook until boiling. Add the flour to make the choux pastry. Cool the resulting dough for 50 minutes.
- Whip 3 eggs with a whisk, and add it to the dough in several passes.
- Cover the mold with foil or parchment. Spoon out a half of the dough. Bake it in the oven at 200C (392F) for about 25 minutes.
- For the custard, mix two eggs with a little milk, and add the starch. Pour the remaining milk into a saucepan; add the sugar and vanilla sugar. Place the mix on the heat. Bring it to a boil.
- Pour the boiled milk into the egg mixture in a thin stream, stirring constantly. Place it over a low heat, and simmer the custard, stirring constantly. The custard will start thickening in a couple of minutes. Bring it to a thick sour cream state. Cool completely, and cover the custard with the cling film to prevent crusting. Whisk the butter until white. Add the cooled custard to the butter, one tablespoon at a time, and whisk thoroughly.
- Take one cake layer. Pour all the custard on it. Place the second cake on top, and press it down well. Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Sprinkle the cake with the powdered sugar before serving.
The diameter of the ring mold in the recipe is 20 cm (7.9 inch).