For the lemon cupcakes:
- 2 eggs
- 200 g flour | 7.05 oz
- 160 g sugar | 5.65 oz
- 60 g vegetable oil (olive/sunflower) | 2.10 oz
- 60 g butter | 2.10 oz
- 100 grams of Greek yoghurt / sour cream | 3.55 oz
- 25 g lemon juice | 0.90 oz
- zest from 1 lemon
- 7 g baking powder | 0.25 oz
- a pinch of turmeric for color
For the cheese caps:
- 400g cream cheese | 14.10 oz
- 120g butter 82.5% | 4.25 oz
- 50g powdered sugar | 1.75 oz
- All products should be at room temperature. Whip eggs with sugar. Add softened butter, and then vegetable oil, mush the mass well each time until smooth. Next, add sour cream or natural yoghurt, lemon juice and zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder, and sift. You can add a pinch of turmeric to the dough to get a beautiful yellow color. But first mix it with the flour!
- Whip dry and wet ingredients until smooth.
- Fill the molds 2/3 with dough and bake in an oven preheated to 356F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- For the custard: whisk the softened butter with powdered sugar and cream cheese and whip until smooth. You can also add lemon zest to the custard.
Decorate the cupcakes with the custard and enjoy!