Ingredients & tools
You will need:
- Eggs 3 pcs | 3.00 items
- Sugar 170 g | 6.00 oz
- Lemon 2 pcs | 2.00 items
- Banana 2 pcs | 2.00 items
- Butter 82.5% 180 g | 6.35 oz
- Gelatin 10 g | 0.35 oz
- Water 30 g | 1.05 oz
- Food coloring (optional)
You will also need: bowls, grater, fork, whisk, sieve, saucepan.
- Rub the zest from the lemons on a fine grater, and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Mash the peeled bananas well, using a fork.
- Mix the bananas with the juice, the zest and the sugar in a bowl, whisk them well.
- Add the eggs and gently whisk the mixture until smooth and light foam. Do not over whip! Leave it for 15 minutes for the zest to release its flavor.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a saucepan, grinding the large pieces.
- Add 50 g (1.75 oz) of butter and put it on a small heat. Keep stirring continuously until thickened.
- Remove the citrus mixture from the heat and continue stirring occasionally.
- Fill the gelatin with water for 15 minutes.
- Combine the swollen gelatin with a slightly cooled custard base, and knead until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Put the mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Whip the room temperatured butter.
- Gradually add the citrus mixture to the butter in small portions, and stir. Whip the mixture well.
- Add the food coloring and mix well.
The custard turns out to be thick, and keeps its shape perfectly. It is perfect for deal for cake, as it adds some citrus sourness. By the way, it goes well with the cream cheese.
How do you like the result?