- Whip the butter with sugar (if you use the zest, then rub the sugar and the zest with your fingers beforehand).
- Add the eggs one at a time, and whip.
- Add the cottage cheese and vanilla, and whip.
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Add poppy seeds, and mix.
- Put the dough into a mold (20-22cm | 7.87-8.66 inch round or 10*25cm 3.94*9.84 inch rectangle).
- Bake the loaf cake in the oven preheated to 338F (170C) for about 50-60 minutes until a dry toothpick.
- For the glaze, mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Apply to the cooled cake.