Tall matcha cake with mango confit
Catch the recipe for an original green cake with vertical matcha biscuit layers, creamy Namelaka and mango puree confit.
Explore full recipe
- Mix the sugar with pectin.
- Combine the puree and glucose syrup in a saucepan, stirring, and heat it to 104F (40C).
- Pour the sugar with pectin in a thin stream.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and boil it for 30 seconds (stirring).
- Remove the mass from the heat, and add the lemon juice. Mix.
- Cover the confit with film in contact.
- Cool, and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Spread the confit evenly over the biscuit strips. Freeze for one hour before applying Namelaka.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Bring the milk with glucose syrup to a boil, and pour it over the prepared chocolate. Mix, and whip with a blender.
- Pour in the cold cream, and blend again.
- Cover the mass with cling film, and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Smooth out the Namelaka with a fork or a whisk, and transfer it to a piping bag.
- Spread the finished Namelaka evenly over the frozen confit, and freeze again for an hour (to facilitate subsequent twisting).