Vanilla cake with currant mousse & berry confit
Refreshing cake recipe with two types of mousse and fragrant berry confit.
Explore full recipe
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Bring the puree with sugar to a boil, and add the gelatin.
- Cool it to 104F (40C), and add the cream cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Add to the currant mixture to it, amd mix with a spatula until combined.
- Put the mass in a 14-16cm (5.50-6.30 inch) ring, and freez it.
- Pour the gelatin with cold water.
- Whip the yolks with sugar a little.
- Bring the milk to a boil, and add hot milk to the yolks, stirring constantly.
- Return the mixture back to the saucepan, and bring to 183F (84C).
- Add the gelatin, and cool the mass to 95-104F (35-40C).
- Add it to the half-whipped cream.
- Pour the mass into a 14-16cm (5.50-6.30 inch) ring, and freeze it.