- Soak the figs in boiling water for 5 minutes. Then pour out the water, dry the figs a bit, and cut them into 1cm (0.40 inch) cubes.
- Fry the nuts on a dry pan. Peel them, and chop finely.
- Grease the mold with oil, and sprinkle it with flour. Remove the excess flour.
- Chop the bananas using a fork or a blender. Add the orange juice, sugar, salt, baking soda and vegetable oil. Mix.
- Add the zest, nuts and figs to the dough, and mix.
- Sift the flour into the dough in 2-3 passes. Mix until combined.
- Put the dough in a mold, and bake it in the oven preheated to 356F (180C) for 40-50 minutes. Check the readiness using a wooden skewer.
- Mix the sifted powdered sugar and the orange juice.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled tea cake, and decorate it with orange zest and nuts.