Author: "Today, I have a very unusual variation of caramel meringues. Like many of you, I have long adored the recipe with bitter chocolate, and this one is even cooler!
I added boiled condensed milk, and I don't need to tell you how good they turned out. A must for everyone to bake!"
- Heat the oven to 302F | 150C;
- Line two baking trays with parchment;
- Whisk the whites in the mixer bowl until they are foamy;
- Keep whipping at high speed and gradually add the sugar, adding 1 tsp at a time and beating for 30 seconds each time;
- Whisk for another 6 minutes until a glossy mixture forms;
- Pour in the vinegar and whisk for 2 more minutes, until the peaks are firm;
- Place 8 circles of meringue on the prepared trays, 10 cm | 4 inches in diameter;
- In the center of each circle, put 1 tsp of caramel or boiled condensed milk and, using a spatula or a wooden skewer, distribute the caramel over the cakes, creating beautiful swirls;
- Decrease the oven temperature to 248F | 120C and bake for 30 minutes until the meringues have a thin crust;
- Finally, turn off the heat and leave the meringues in the closed oven for another 30 minutes.