The calculation in the recipe is for an 18cm (7.08 inch) ring mold.
- Mix separately all the liquid and dry ingredients for the biscuit.
- Combine both mixtures well so that there are no lumps.
- Transfer the batter to a mold with a diameter of 18cm (7.08 inch).
- Bake it at at 180C (356F) for 25-30 minutes until a dry toothpick.
- Let the biscuit cool on a wire rack.
- Wrap the cooled biscuit in plastic, and leave it in the fridge for several hours.
- For the filling, all the ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Mix ricotta, cream chees, applesauce and sugar, and whisk.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring each time. You don't have to whip it with a mixer, so as not to over-whip the mass!
- Take a 16cm (6.30 inch) ring, in which you will bake the cheesecake, and cut out the sponge biscuit with it. If necessary, trim, and cut off the top a little.
- Turn the biscuit upside down, and put it in a ring. Cover the bottom of the ring with foil. The sides can be slightly greased with butter.
- Pour the filling over the biscuit.
- Bake the cheesecake at 120-130C (248-266F) for about 1.5-2 hours. The middle should shake slightly.
- Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature. And be sure to leave it in the fridge overnight.