- Separate the whites from the yolks into two bowls.
- Divide the sugar into 2 parts, add one part to the whites, and add the second part to the yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites to medium peaks.
- Whip the yolks until a slightly fluffy smooth mass.
- Add the yolks into the whites and mix gently with smooth movements using a spatula.
- Sift flour into a separate bowl, add cornstarch and baking powder, mix with a whisk.
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Stir gently with a spatula. Add lime zest and stir. Put to the mold and bake at 160C (320F) for 30-40 minutes.
- When the sponge cake is baked, leave it to cool to room temperature in the mold, then take out of the mold, wrap the cake with a plastic food wrap and put into the refrigerator for 6-8 hours to stabilize.
- Put the yolks, zest, sugar, butter, juice and cornstarch in a saucepan with a thick bottom, put on medium heat, and stir constantly with a whisk, as soon as the curd starts thickening a little, immediately remove from the heat and stir a little, leave to cool to room temperature.
- Put the raspberries, water and sugar in a saucepan; wait until the raspberries melt (if the raspberries are frozen), and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Mix 1.5 tbsp cornstarch and 40g (1.40 oz) of water in a small bowl, pour into the boiling sauce, bring to a boil again and remove from heat.
- Leave the sauce to cool at room temperature.
- Mix the sugar with milk.
- If your milk does not have a long shelf life, then mix the sugar and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water; give it time to swell.
- Whisk cream cheese, dairy cream and sugar until a fluffy smooth mass, add lime curd, and mix again.
- Dissolve the gelatin and add to the cream, mix and assemble the cake immediately before the gelatin starts to operate.
- Assemble the cake in a ring. Line the walls of the ring with an acetate film.
- Divide the sponge cake into 3 layers.
- Cake layer - soaking syrup - 1/2 cream, form a cavity of cream (so that the sauce does not flow out) - 1/2 raspberry sauce (put in our a creamy cavity) - cake layer- soaking syrup - the second part of the cream, form a cavity of cream - the second part of the sauce - cake layer- soaking syrup.
- Put the cake in the fridge for 8-12 hours to cool.
- Decorate with any kind of cream.