The cake size in the recipe is 18*6cm.
- Grind lime zest with sugar, leave for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs with sugar and salt. Gently add flour with baking powder (after mixing well and sowing).
- Add melted butter (cooled).
- Combine everything until a smooth, shiny dough; add strawberries cut into 4 parts.
- Pour the dough into a mold lined with parchment.
- Bake at 374F (190C) for 10 minutes, and then at 347F (175C) for another 25-30 minutes.
- Soak the cooled cake with syrup.
- Combine the sugar, water, lime juice and basil leaves, and bring to a boil.
- Let it cool, andthen strain the syrup. Soak the cake.
For my taste, the icing gives the cake extra sweetness and an extra taste of chocolate.
If you have a desire to glaze the cake, it must first be cooled in the fridge or frozen for 6 hours, and then dipped in the icing.
- For the glaze, melt the chocolate, combine it with oil and chopped nuts.