- Whisk the butter (1) at room temperature with the powdered sugar and salt until smooth, and add an egg. Then sift the dry ingredients: wheat flour and almond flour.
- Knead the dough just a little! As soon as the mass has combined into a lump, do not knead any more, this is important!
- Put the dough on a baking paper or cover with a plastic food wrap and put in the refrigerator, until completely cooled, preferably overnight. Then crumble the dough on a baking sheet, bake at 170C (340F) for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Mix a little to bake evenly.
- Cool, grind with a rolling pin or in a blender. Pour in the melted butter (2), mix well and immediately distribute over the bottom and walls of the springform, if you use a ring without a bottom, then put the ring on a baking sheet in which the cheesecake will be baked and firm the shortcrust crumbs
- Put the base in the fridge to harden, and prepare the cheese mass meanwhile.
- Mix the mango puree with the sugar and cornstarch until smooth.
- You better do this with a whisk, so there are no lumps of starch. Set aside.
- Start stirring the cream cheese at room temperature (optional, but preferably, it is easier to stir) with the mango puree in a large bowl using a whisk. Don't beat, just stir, you don't need bubbles.
- Gradually add eggs and heavy cream at the very end. Stir until combined and pour over the chilled shortcrust base.
How to bake?
- The classic way: in a water bath at a temperature of 160 °C (320 °F) for 90 minutes.
- This time I really enjoyed baking the cheesecake without any water and without a foil. It's very easy!
- Bake at 120C (250F) for 120 minutes. At 100C (210F) my oven does not bake at all, it will take three hours at least to bake at this temperature, at 110C (230F) it bakes slowly too, but 120C (250F) is a perfect temperature for my oven. I baked two cheesecakes on one baking sheet at once.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven when you feel that it has hardened from the inside, but it tremble slightly inside when shaken. It should tremble a little, if it trembles a lot, it will be watery, you need to feel this moment. The most difficult thing in making cheesecake is to pull it out of the oven in time!
- Well, that's all, let it cool at room temperature, then refrigerate overnight and only then take the completely chilled cheesecake out of the mold. Done!