Mango and lime make a unique combination of flavors that gives the cake some exotic flavor. You can enjoy not only the taste of the dessert, but also its aesthetic appearance. This bright and juicy dessert will amaze you with its gentle and fluffy texture. The tropical taste and the delicate flavor of the cake will be the perfect addition to any dinner!
Let’s give the floor to Svetlana: “I offer my own recipe for a delicious and flavorous summer cake!”
The final cake weight will be approximately 2.1 kg (74 oz).
- Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt and lemon acid, until fluffy. Add the sugar and vanillin in parts (don’t stop whipping). Whisk until firm peaks.
- Add the yolks, the butter and the Schweppes, and stir them in with a spatula. Add the flour, pre-sifted with the baking powder, and stir them in with a spatula.
- Bake the biscuit in a high ring-mold at 170C (338F) for35 minutes (until skewered dry).
- Wrap the cooled biscuit in foil and let it stabilize in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Soak the gelatin in the ice water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the puree, the lime juice, the sugar and the lime zest in a saucepan, and heat to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove the puree base from the heat. Add gelatin, and stir well.
- Pour the puree in a 16 cm (6.3 inch) ring-mold, and freeze.
- Soak the gelatin in the ice water.
- Heat the cream, but do not bring it to a boil. Remove it from the heat, and dissolve the gelatin in the hot cream.
- Add the chocolate, and wait until the complete dissolution of chocolate. You can also whisk the mass with a blender.
- Add the yoghurt and the liquor, stir the mass well or mush it with a blender.
- Pour the soufflé over the frozen confit, and freeze.
Whip the cheese with the puree, the cream and the powdered sugar, until fluffy and stable. All the ingredients should be well cooled.
All the ingredients must be well cooled. Whip them until smooth on medium mixer speed.
- Cut the biscuit into 3 pieces, each about 2 cm (0.8 inch) thick.
- Lightly grease the plate with the custard. Place the first biscuit layer, and soak it. Grease it with a thin custard layer. Cover it with the confit and the mousse. Form the custard-border and place another thin layer of the custard on the filling.
- Cover it with a second biscuit layer, and soak it. Place another layer of the soufflé. Cover it with the third biscuit, and soak.
- Make a bare cake alignment with the remains of the soufflé.
- Put the cake in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Cook the finishing custard, and cover the cake with it. Decorate the cake with canned mango slices.