This cake is delicious, unusual and fragrant. It is worth cooking more than once!
- Whip the butter and sugar for about five minutes. Add one egg at a time, and whip for another 5 to 7 minutes. Sift the flour and the baking powder, and add the lemon zest; mix, and add it to the dough.
- Cut the marzipan into cubes, and add the chia seeds; stir, and pour into the dough.
- Divide the dough into two parts, and pour it into 18 cm (7 inch) molds. Bake the sponge biscuit for 30 minutes at the temperature of 160-170C (320 to 338F).
- Cool the biscuits; wrap them in foil, and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix all the components well in a saucepan, and put it on a low heat. Stir until thick!
- Remove the custard from the heat, and strain it on a sieve. Then, add the gelatinous mass and the butter.
- Pour the custard into a mold, and let it cool.
Mix all the products, and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes; cool the confiture.
Put the mixer bowl and the whisk in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then mix all the products, and whip a delicious mascarpone based crème. Optionally add 1 teaspoon of chia seeds.
Assemble the cake, following the next order: a sponge biscuit – the crème – the confiture – the lemon custard – the crème – the confiture – a sponge biscuit – the crème.