The perfect poppy seed roll is right here. The amount of filling will please all the poppy fans.
Explore full recipe
- Melt the butter, and cool it.
- Warm the milk a little. Add the sugar and yeast, and leave for 10 minutes (foam should appear).
- Add the butter, yolks, and mix.
- At the end, add flour, salt, and knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with a towel, and leave to rise for about an 1 hour in a warm place.
Mix the poppy seeds with poppy paste, sugar, egg whites, soft butter and vanilla. * Poppy paste is poppy seeds, grated to the state of a liquid homogeneous paste.
If you have no paste, then double the amount of poppy seeds in the recipe. Pour poppy seeds with boiling water, and boil for about 5-10 minutes. Drain the remaining water. Grind the poppy seeds in a blender until smooth. Mix with sugar, whites, butter and vanillin. The finished poppy filling should be thick.