- Melt the butter and let it cool.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Mix the eggs with butter, oil and milk, add sugar and dry ingredients in several stages.
- Bake at 320F for 35-40 minutes. Check for readiness with a wooden skewer. Allow to cool slightly, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Combine all the ingredients (don't whip!).
- Defrost the cherries (leave the juice for soaking).
- Pre-fry the walnuts at 338F for 10 minutes.
- Cut the sponge biscuit into pieces, with the first layer a little cream, then the biscuit, the cherry and nut filling and half the cream, then again a layer of the biscuit, nuts, cherries and cream. Decorate the top with biscuit pieces and filling.
Let it stay in the fridge for a couple of hours, and enjoy!