1.65 fl oz
4 fl oz
0.33 fl oz
6.60 fl oz
2.31 fl oz
2 fl oz
2.40 fl oz
We have a new recipe for you!
It will show you how to cook an unbelievably delicate melon mousse cake!
For the sponge biscuit:
- 2 eggs | 2.00 items
- 50 g sugar | 1.75 oz
- 1 tsp vanillin | 1.00 tsp
- a pinch of baking powder | 0.00 pinch
- 1/2 glass flour | 3.00 fl oz
- 1 tbsp starch | 1.00 tbsp
For the mousse:
- 1 melon (about 500 g | 17.65 oz) | 1.00 item
- 2 tbsp lemon juice | 2.00 tbsp
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar | 1.00 tbsp
- 10 g gelatin | 0.35 oz
- 200 ml cream 35% | 6.80 fl oz
- 70 ml natural yoghurt | 2.40 fl oz
- 1 tbsp coconut liquor | 1.00 tbsp
For the syrup:
- 1/4 glass water | 2.00 fl oz
- 1 tbsp lemon juice | 1.00 tbsp
- 1/3 glass sugar | 2.00 fl oz
The calculation is for a 16 cm (6.3 inch) mold.
- Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Whip the eggs with sugar, flour and starch (sifted and mixed). Gently place the dough in a mold, and bake it for about 20 minutes, checking the readiness with a skewer.
- Cool the sponge biscuit. Cut it into 2 layers (leave one for assembling the cake, and freeze the second one for future cakes).
- For the crème, cut the melon, and remove the seeds. Peel the melon halves. Cut 12 melon pulp balls with a special spoon, and pour the lemon juice and liquor; refrigerate.
- To make the syrup, mix the water with the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan. Cook until the sugar dissolves, and the syrup gets transparent.
- Put the remaining pulp in a blender, and add the lemon juice, the powdered sugar, yogurt and puree. Soak the gelatin in cold water, and then dissolve it in the microwave or over a low heat. Pour it into the melon puree in a thin stream. Place the mass in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Cover the split mold with a film or baking paper; lay out the sponge biscuit layer, and soak it with syrup using a cooking brush.
- Whisk in the cream. When the melon puree starts solidifying, mix it with the cream. Cover the soaked biscuit with the fruit crème, and smooth. Place the cake in the fridge for at least 2 hours, and decorate with melon balls before serving.