coconut flakes (optionally)
powdered sugar (optionally)
- Whip the egg whites at room temperaure until fluffy. Gradually add sugar and keep whipping.
- Increase the mixer speed to maximum and keep whipping until stable peaks.
- Add the starch and coconut flakes (if you wish). Carefully mix it in using a spatula.
- Spread the mass over a baking dish pre-covered with parchment.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 302-320F (150-160C) for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the meringue is ready, take it out of the oven and turn it over with a crispy side down. Be sure the countertop is covered with a towel.
- Remove the parchment (be very careful!) and let the meringue cool.
- Chill the cream. Whip it with vanilla. You can add some raspberry jam to the cream if you wish.
- Grease the meringue with the whipped cream, spread the paspberries over it. Shape a roll.
- Let the dessert stabilize a little before serving.