Enjoy the famous Soviet “Bird’s milk” cake recipe. You have a chance to taste a fluffy meringue soufflé cake. We hope you will like it.
For the biscuit:
- 100 g butter | 3.55 oz
- 100 g sugar | 3.55 oz
- 2 eggs | 2.00 items
- 140 g flour | 4.95 oz
- vanilla extract | 0.00 to taste
For the soufflé:
- 2 egg whites | 2.00 items
- 460 g sugar | 16.25 oz
- 140 ml water | 4.70 fl oz
- 1 \ 2 tsp lemon acid | 1.00 tsp
- 4g agar | 0.15 oz
- 200 g butter | 7.05 oz
- 100 g condensed milk | 3.55 oz
- vanillin or vanilla extract | 0.00 oz
For the glaze:
- 75 g chocolate | 2.65 oz
- 50 g butter | 1.75 oz
The calculation is for the mold with a diameter of 25cm (9.8 inch) and more.
The dough is similar for a muffin. Whip the butter with the fine sugar; add the eggs and vanilla, and whip the mass until the sugar dissolves. Add the flour and knead the dough. Smudge the dough in two circles with the diameter of the mold. Bake the biscuits at 230C (446F) for 10 minutes. If the cakes are too big, trim them right away. Cool them without removing from the paper.
Place one cooled cake in a mold and start making the soufflé.
- Soak the agar in the water for several hours.
- The butter and the condensed milk for the soufflé should be at the room temperature. Whisk them into a foam; add the vanilla extract and set aside (not in the fridge). Bring the agar water to a boil over a low heat, stirring thoroughly with a spatula so that the agar is completely dissolved and does not burn. Boil the mass for a minute. Add the sugar and place the mass over a medium heat; bring it to a boil, increase the heat and bring the syrup to 110C (230F). It’s done!
- Cool the syrup slightly.
- In the meantime, whip the chilled egg whites in a large bowl until a crisp texture appears. Add the lemon acid, and whip until firm. Pour the hot syrup into the egg whites in a thin stream; the mass will greatly increase in volume. Whisk until firm.
- Stir in the butter with the condensed milk, setting the mixer to a low speed. Once mixed, the soufflé is ready!
- Pour half of the soufflé into the cake mold. Place another cake layer on top, and pour over the soufflé again.
- Refrigerate the cake for 3 to 4 hours.
Melt the butter and the chocolate, and pour the glaze over the cake. Let it freeze. Run your knife around the edge of the cake and open the mold