sour cream 25%
The calculation in the recipe is for a 16cm (6.30 inch) cake.
All the dairy products should be well chilled.
- Whip the sour cream, cream and powdered sugar until fluffy and lightly thickened.
- Add the mascarpone, and whip at low speed until the cream is completely homogeneous, without lumps of mascarpone. As soon as the cream has become homogeneous, immediately stop the mixer. The mascarpone is easy to over-whip, so be careful!
- Place the cream in the fridge until assembly.
- Whisk the eggs until the whites and yolks are combined.
- Add the condensed milk and melted butter, and mix until combined.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder, and mix until smooth and homogeneous at a low mixer speed.
- On a baking surface (parchment, teflon or silicone mat), spread the dough in a circle of the right diameter in an even layer. * I baked the cakes layer a bit bigger, and then cut to the desired diameter.
- Bake the cake layers in a well-heated oven, at 356F (180C) for 4-5 minutes until golden edges.
When folding the cakes in a pile, they must be layered with parchment paper so that they do not stick together.
- Assemble the cake, layering each cake with cream. Let it soak and stabilize.
- Cover the finished cake with buttercream to your taste.