- Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Dice the cold butter. Chop with a knife with flour to the state of fine crumbs. Add the yolk and mix.
- Mix very cold water with alcohol and vinegar. Gradually add the cold water to the flour, stirring with a spatula or a wooden spoon until the dough gathers into lumps. Transfer to a floured work surface and quickly knead the dough, shape a ball.
- Next, divide the dough into ten parts. Cover with film and leave in the fridge for 2 hours.
- For the filling, mix the berries, sugar and cornstarch.
- Preheat the oven to 365F (185C). Roll each piece of dough into a circle. Place the rolled dough on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Place 2-3 tablespoons of strawberry filling in the center of each circle of dough. Bend the edges of the dough to the center .
- Brush the edges of the folded dough with a beaten egg, and sprinkle a little sugar.
- Bake the galettes until golden (for 30-40 minutes).
- Take the galettes out of the oven, and cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
These galettes are also delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.