Let’s give the floor to Natalya: “So, today we are cooking a mint sponge biscuit. What is the difficulty of cooking mint desserts in general? It is the natural mint taste: if you add it too little, then it will be vague; and if you add it too much, then you will get the tooth paste taste.”
Ingredients & appliances
You will need:
- eggs 4 pcs | 4.00 items
- sugar 145 g | 5.10 oz
- vegetable oil 45 g | 1.60 oz
- flour 125 g | 4.40 oz
- baking powder 1 tsp | 1.00 tsp
- mint 50 g | 1.75 oz
You will also need: a mixer, a spatula, a blender, 21-22 cm (8.3 to 8.6 inch) mold.
- Whip the eggs with 125 g (4.40 oz) of sugar until a thick foam.
- Add the vegetable oil to the eggs, and mix it carefully with a spatula. You can also add some green food coloring at this point.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder into the dough. Mix well, but carefully.
- Cut the mint leaves, and grind them with the remaining sugar to a paste state.
- Add the mint to the dough, and mix again.
- Pour the dough into a mold and bake at 180C (356F) for about 35 minutes. Check the readiness with a wooden skewer.
The resulting biscuit needs to "rest" in cling film in the fridge overnight.